W@nder With Me
Where we can talk books, travel, and all things wonderful!
Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo
In which I try not to write a whole separate novel about how much I loved this book:
If you’d like to read an immersive, heartfelt story about a snapshot in time in these women’s lives, read this book. I dare you to not clap at the end in thanks.
Okay, I see you, Witchy. You have my attention!
- By the Book: A Novel of Prose and Cons by Amanda Sellet
- Witchy by Ariel Slamet Ries
- Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo
- March: Book 1 by John Lewis
- Me by Elton John
I try to make a habit of enjoying an autobiography by audio book whenever possible. It feels as though the author is chatting with you over coffee while sharing their life story with just you. And boy, I could (and did) listen to Elton John’s life story all day!
By the Book: A Novel of Prose and Cons by Amanda Sellet
SMDH… I really wanted to like this book. Honestly, though, it wasn’t you, Book, it was me. I just was not in the head space for this.
- And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
- Self Made by A’Lelia Bundles
- Pet by Akwaeke Emezi
“Pet” came into my life via my best book buddy, who found it, loved it, and declared that I would love it too. And oh, she was right!
- Bone Crier’s Moon by Kathryn Purdie
- Through the Woods by Emily Carroll
- All the Stars and Teeth by Adalyn Grace
- Beach Read by Emily Henry
- The Indian in the Cupboard
Bone Crier’s Moon by Kathryn Purdie
Bone Crier’s Moon came into my life by way of Owlcrate, as many of the most beautiful books in my collection do, and this one was no different. The custom cover and sprayed page edges were gorgeous, as was the entire theme of the box, Full Moon Magic.
When Beach Read popped up as a Book of the Month option, I read the synopsis and chose it immediately!
- The Night Country by Melissa Albert
- Green River, Running Red by Ann Rule
- From Here to Eternity: Traveling the World to Find the Good Death by Caitlin Doughty
- The Guest List by Lucy Foley
- Rossum’s Universal Robots by Karel Capek
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
Ordinary Wizarding Levels Edition
- Of Curses and Kisses by Sandhya Menon
- Dear Girls: Intimate Tales, Untold Secrets, and Advice for Living Your Best Life by Ali Wong
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, Jodi Meadows, Katherine Kellgren
Of Curses and Kisses by Sandhya Menon
I’ll be honest, the moment I heard Sandhya Menon was writing a modern retelling of Beauty and the Beast I bopped right on over to the website of my local bookstore to preorder it.
- The Guinevere Deception by Kiersten White
- Her Other Secret by Helenkay Dimon
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi – Junior Novelization by Michael Kogge
- Scavenge the Stars by Tara Sim
The Guinevere Deception by Kiersten White
The Guinevere Deception was an intriguing retelling of Arthurian legend with our titular heroine at the center. Guinevere has been sent to protect Arthur from magical enemies, and in doing so must marry him to be able to keep him in close proximity using her own magical abilities.
- Agatha Christie’s “Murder on the Orient Express”
- Stephen King’s “The Institute”
You must be logged in to post a comment.